Crimson Renaissance
April 16, 2024, 11:57:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CALLING ALL OLD CHAPELGOERS!

Since the Chapel is closed at the moment, we can hang around here!

Home Help Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Chat Thread

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 71
  Print  
Author Topic: The Chat Thread  (Read 22243 times)
CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2008, 11:46:18 am »

Oh... well then please send me them in a .zip!!  Tongue Meh, I'd start with Link to the Past. After that, then you might be ready for the original.
Report Spam   Logged

"If you want to know, beat me!" -Joachim Armster

RockSerpent
Newcomer

« Reply #361 on: September 14, 2008, 12:05:56 pm »

If your goiing for easy you should stay away from the original. It is really hard... unless of course you have a map  Grin.

I say start with one of the Oracles or A Link to the Past. There fun relatively easy games
Report Spam   Logged

True Sorrow
Global Moderator
Geek

« Reply #362 on: September 14, 2008, 02:47:24 pm »

I'd say ALttP or the Game Boy games for a start, all four are relatively easy to beat. And like Serpent said, stay away from the NES ones if you don't want to suffer for all eternity. That tends to be the case with a lot of NES games. Oh, and Minish Cap is also pretty easy, at least up until the end. The last boss is difficult...I like that...I really do...
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #363 on: September 14, 2008, 03:16:37 pm »

Last boss of Minish cap difficult? Nah, it's easy peasy. The only Zelda games I've ever had trouble iwht are the 2 NES titles.
Report Spam   Logged

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #364 on: September 15, 2008, 04:08:00 am »

Okay, then. Grin I started the first Oracle a little bit.. It's quite fun. Smiley Actually, I tried ALttP a couple of weeks ago, but gave up relatively quickly, not because it's "difficult" but I got lost, wandered around for a few minutes, and got lazy. Tongue I might stick with the Oracle games for now. I won't have time to really play them soon, but yeah. I'll stick with them in the meantime. Tongue

So the NES games are very difficult, huh? I'll make sure to stay away from them. At least, until I'm done with the rest, which won't be in a very loongg time.

EDIT: Just realized the one I played was Link's Awakening DX. hahahaha! Must've gotten confused..Or pressed the wrong button. Heehee..
Report Spam   Logged

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make..."
Creeping Shadow
Fan

« Reply #365 on: September 15, 2008, 10:57:34 am »

Yeah Zelda II for the NES can be very brutal, as can the original. Another nice start is Ocarina IMO.
Report Spam   Logged
True Sorrow
Global Moderator
Geek

« Reply #366 on: September 15, 2008, 03:17:23 pm »

Okay, then. Grin I started the first Oracle a little bit.. It's quite fun. Smiley Actually, I tried ALttP a couple of weeks ago, but gave up relatively quickly, not because it's "difficult" but I got lost, wandered around for a few minutes, and got lazy. Tongue I might stick with the Oracle games for now. I won't have time to really play them soon, but yeah. I'll stick with them in the meantime. Tongue

So the NES games are very difficult, huh? I'll make sure to stay away from them. At least, until I'm done with the rest, which won't be in a very loongg time.

EDIT: Just realized the one I played was Link's Awakening DX. hahahaha! Must've gotten confused..Or pressed the wrong button. Heehee..

Yeah, the Oracle games ban be pretty good, Capcom did a good job wi-oh, you're playing LA. Well, it I had to be honest, I'd say that game's even better, one of my favourites in the series. Which, in turn, makes it one of my all-time favourite games. So yeah, I'd say that's a good start Smiley

And like Creeping said, OoT would be a good start, but I don't think N64 emulation is very good for the PSP...although it is pretty good on PCs, so I recommend trying that, too.
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #367 on: September 15, 2008, 03:50:49 pm »

Yeah, Daedalus has massive issues... it isn't even fully developed yet. Project 64 is great though, it works smoothly for me (thank god for the $3 garage sale PC controller.  Grin).
Report Spam   Logged

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #368 on: September 16, 2008, 09:41:41 am »

Well I started a few minutes into the REAL Oracle. lol.  Grin It's fun too... Yeah, I think I'll stick with it. I won't be able to play it much in the following weeks though. *sigh* How many hours does it take to complete your average Zelda game? o_O [With CV my estimate would be 8 hours for Metroidvanias and an hour or two for some classics? o_O ]

I plan on getting an N64 emulator after I buy a gamepad which won't be till October. Grin And if I do get an N64 emu for the PC, the first things I'm going to play are CV64 and LoD anyway..
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #369 on: September 16, 2008, 01:18:59 pm »

I take a VERY long time with all my Zelda games, totaling almost a week by the time I'm done with them, but... that;s just meticulous little me....  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

deuueaugh
Super Obsessant

OH GOD OLD ME

« Reply #370 on: September 16, 2008, 05:02:38 pm »

I hate going to school sick. Having to wake up at 7:00 AM makes it much worse.
Report Spam   Logged

True Sorrow
Global Moderator
Geek

« Reply #371 on: September 16, 2008, 06:00:28 pm »

Well, Twilight Princess was ca. 30 hours, and while you could say it's longer than many Zelda games, then they usually take longer than the average 10 hours.
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #372 on: September 16, 2008, 06:03:36 pm »

I hate going to school sick. Having to wake up at 7:00 AM makes it much worse.

Lucky. I have to wake up before 6, school starts around 7 for me.  Cry Feel batter soon watsa!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #373 on: September 16, 2008, 06:22:25 pm »

Yep. Go Watsa.. >.<

College grants me the ability to go to school at 8:30am.. Thank goodness.. [Not that it's enough..]
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #374 on: September 17, 2008, 02:18:54 pm »

Fau Paus, damn fau paus (spelling?)
I have such a rotten curse.
'Tis truly the worst.

Really. I responded to some questions in class, was entirely wrong, or just said stupid far-fetched things. Then, when I was walking home, I said hello to an elderly gentleman, afterward remembering he was deaf.  Tongue These kinds of things happen to me often. Anyone else?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 71
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum