Crimson Renaissance
March 29, 2024, 04:19:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CALLING ALL OLD CHAPELGOERS!

Since the Chapel is closed at the moment, we can hang around here!

Home Help Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Chat Thread

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 71
  Print  
Author Topic: The Chat Thread  (Read 22168 times)
Mercurius
Geek

« Reply #945 on: December 08, 2010, 10:30:30 am »

^ that's what I mean by "poker" xD
Report Spam   Logged

Atreicni aroh us, atreic se etreum al. Niatrecnu ruoh sti, niatrec si htaed.
Maria Renard fanlisting
Quote from: CVfan13
No, I mean, I know a hot guy when I see one, but I'm not like "OMG, f*ck me, Trevor!" You know what I mean?
Nagumo baby
Newcomer

Lady of the Chapel

« Reply #946 on: December 08, 2010, 01:23:39 pm »

I remember this place.
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #947 on: December 08, 2010, 02:27:58 pm »

*simultaneously pokes everyone*

Oh yay! So glad the Val's are both here! And you too, Mercurius! Nagumo, darling, why did you have to make a new account? You were a member here before, you know...

Well, a bit of good news, and a bit of bad news. The good is that Marto is on our side (as I've been so good about keeping in touch with him!), however.... um... Alec (I guess? The guy changed his name way too often to keep track of) seems to be opposed to this.

Well, um, how has everyone been? It feels so happy we're together again!
Report Spam   Logged

"If you want to know, beat me!" -Joachim Armster

Nagumo baby
Newcomer

Lady of the Chapel

« Reply #948 on: December 08, 2010, 02:29:02 pm »

I locked myself out of my account. hghghghg

Did you pick up Lords of Shadow or are you still hating on it?     
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #949 on: December 08, 2010, 03:11:13 pm »

That was a little foolish... well, I'm glad you're back anyway.

No, I'm not really hating anymore. I think I should play it before making a decision. However, I don't have either system it's on, so that won't be happening for awhile. ;_;

Do you have it yet?
Report Spam   Logged

Mercurius
Geek

« Reply #950 on: December 08, 2010, 03:52:50 pm »

Alec has his own forum, he had the same idea of gathering Chapel's people some time ago, and I think nobody went there, so I guess he may be upset or jealous...
Report Spam   Logged

Atreicni aroh us, atreic se etreum al. Niatrecnu ruoh sti, niatrec si htaed.
Maria Renard fanlisting
Quote from: CVfan13
No, I mean, I know a hot guy when I see one, but I'm not like "OMG, f*ck me, Trevor!" You know what I mean?
warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #951 on: December 08, 2010, 05:57:21 pm »

^ Aw. Sad

Anyone here who's played LoS? I certainly have not, and probably will not for the next couple of years, simply because I don't have a 3rd-gen system. T_T

Nagumo! 8D

....Yeah. Should I make a Castlevania subforum now? Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make..."
Valtane
Newcomer

Ha ha ha ha ha

« Reply #952 on: December 08, 2010, 06:16:08 pm »

I played LoS and beat it. Really amazing game actually. But not really replayable.
Report Spam   Logged
warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #953 on: December 08, 2010, 09:48:54 pm »

Is it anything like the "old" Castlevania (no matter how you define that) or is it a complete reboot? Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with CV news; I stopped hanging out at the Chapel before the news about LoS came out.
Report Spam   Logged

Valtane
Newcomer

Ha ha ha ha ha

« Reply #954 on: December 08, 2010, 10:07:34 pm »

It's a lot like LoI and CoD in gameplay. Don't listen to people who call it a God of War ripoff because God of War came out almost 2 years after LoI did. But yeah it's a total reboot. It plays like most third person action games today.
Report Spam   Logged
Nagumo baby
Newcomer

Lady of the Chapel

« Reply #955 on: December 09, 2010, 03:00:58 am »

I picked up Lords pretty soon after it got out, and it's certainly not a bad game. However, if you didn't like what you saw back when it was first announced, you won't be missing much, since only one third of the game makes you feel you are playing a Castlevania title. That's also my main problem with this game; it's heavily inspired by High Fantasy.

Carmilla's castle was the only stage that really hooked me. The enviroments looked very detailed and gothic, but also very dark and gritty, probably the only part where you can see their so called inspiration by Super Castlevania IV. The Castle was definitely better designed that it's counterpart in Lament and Curse, so kudos to that. The four chapters before and after the Castle were different in atmosphere, very fantasty-ish, and just dark and gritty, respectively. These chapters are pretty dull and boring looking. They might have done it like this because of variety, but I think it kind off hurted the feel of the game.

Another thing I don't like are some of the non-interactive puzzle where you have to play chess, or play a silly ball game on some kind off machine. I felt they just slowed down the flow of the game, and not very well suited for a Castlevania game. Same with the music, which is that kind off uninspired chanting you hear in film trailers. <___>

There really isn't much to the plot either. They tried to cover this up by adding endless rambling narrations by Zobek at the start of each stage, making the story unneccessary complicated with manipulators pulling all the strings, who are in turn manipulated by someone else, and a horrendous plot twist for the sake of plot twists.

Smiley Cool                                
Report Spam   Logged

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #956 on: December 09, 2010, 08:53:57 pm »

Then I'm still on the fence about LoS, at least until I get to play it, which won't be in a long time..

BTW, I changed the forum layout to something crazily Christmasy. Tell me if you don't like it, I'll change it back. Cheesy These are precreated forum layouts anyway >_>
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #957 on: December 10, 2010, 02:56:22 pm »

I think the new forum looks amazing! Now I don't feel like I'm at the Castlevania Dungeon everytime I come here. Tongue The place is really brightened up.

....LoS sounds horrendous.  Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged

deuueaugh
Super Obsessant

OH GOD OLD ME

« Reply #958 on: December 11, 2010, 12:39:12 am »

i'm glad my old chapel posts are gone at least. i think i'd be embarrassed to read my posts here.

nowadays i'm a borning computer ho level down before every boss.
Report Spam   Logged

Nagumo baby
Newcomer

Lady of the Chapel

« Reply #959 on: December 11, 2010, 04:32:16 am »

I have been ho leveling in Julius mode from level 40 to level 70. That's pretty gross.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 71
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum