Crimson Renaissance
March 28, 2024, 04:34:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CALLING ALL OLD CHAPELGOERS!

Since the Chapel is closed at the moment, we can hang around here!

Home Help Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Lament of Innocence Leon

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lament of Innocence Leon  (Read 533 times)
marto
The Ruling Seraph
Administrator
Fan

Kojima Fan Leader

« on: July 16, 2008, 05:32:09 pm »

Lament of Innocence Leon

http://crimsonrenaissance.smfforfree4.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=13

One of the darkest, most haunting Castlevania pieces that Kojima-Sensei's made for us. Simply gorgeous!
Report Spam   Logged

And damn, after accidentally skipping Watsa's post, I thought for a moment that Warfreak had joined us here in Rainbow Valley. But no :'(

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 09:47:14 pm »

Yes, I very much like the version from the LoI limited box set. I have it framed in my room. Do you have that box set?
Report Spam   Logged

"If you want to know, beat me!" -Joachim Armster

deuueaugh
Super Obsessant

OH GOD OLD ME

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 11:58:01 pm »

Yamane-Sensei's
Don't you mean Kojima?
Report Spam   Logged

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 08:40:07 am »

Yeah, I think he meant Kojima. Smiley

I love that piece.. ...How come everybody seems to have framed pictures? I want some too >_> Wait, I think I need to buy Castlevania games first...
Report Spam   Logged

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make..."
Creeping Shadow
Fan

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 12:32:20 pm »

That is a nice piece, I remeber first seeing the box at a hollywood video store and thinking "Amazing".

Sadly I got my LoI used so I lack the box for it. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
True Sorrow
Global Moderator
Geek

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 04:01:15 pm »

Yeah, that's a really magnificent piece. Never noticed how the hand holding the whip was out of proportion, and just noticed the other hand recently...and while the other hand is pretty, well, big, it still adds a lot of personality to the picture. In fact, I've just got a newfound appreciation for this piece. I'd even go as far as to say it's one of my favourites Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

marto
The Ruling Seraph
Administrator
Fan

Kojima Fan Leader

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 08:08:49 pm »

Actually, the hand holding the whip is in proportion, but the one that's open on the bottom is huge. That's fine though, it adds a curve to the image which highlights the portrait-like visage and overall shape of the piece. Makes it look oval.

Again, here, since this forum is about Kojima, lets keep "mistakes" separate from "illusions" which are done on purpose.  As true fans, lets do our best to distinguish the two.
Report Spam   Logged

And damn, after accidentally skipping Watsa's post, I thought for a moment that Warfreak had joined us here in Rainbow Valley. But no :'(
warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 06:43:54 am »

Yeah, I wouldn't have noticed the hand either if it wasn't mentioned back at the Chapel. Either way, I still love this piece, and I believe it really is meant to be an illusion. How could it look so.. right otherwise? I love that picture...
Report Spam   Logged

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make..."
Peklo
Newcomer

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 07:50:50 am »

As true fans

oh man not you too

I still can't comprehend why you people in the US got this great cover and the PAL lands were "treated" to the absolutely terrible CG mock-up of Leon. Hell, even the manual has that fiery action piece as its cover art, which was also the cover for the Japanese version. So wrong.
Report Spam   Logged

True Sorrow
Global Moderator
Geek

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 01:58:45 pm »

I still can't comprehend why you people in the US got this great cover and the PAL lands were "treated" to the absolutely terrible CG mock-up of Leon. Hell, even the manual has that fiery action piece as its cover art, which was also the cover for the Japanese version. So wrong.

Yeah, it's a real shame, even though that other picture wasn't so bad...But it is no doubt worse than the US one, and it has a completely different feel, more of a "I want to be the perfect action gaem!" one, much less an elegant, portrait-like feel, which is what Kojima does most of the time. It's not bad, it's just...not kojima Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum