Crimson Renaissance
March 28, 2024, 03:48:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CALLING ALL OLD CHAPELGOERS!

Since the Chapel is closed at the moment, we can hang around here!

Home Help Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Rules of the Forum

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Rules of the Forum  (Read 1097 times)
warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« on: July 05, 2008, 06:04:09 am »

These are just temporary rules to have a semblance of order. Right now there are only three members, but what the hell, we need rules if more people join up. Smiley I'm basing these Rules from the Chapel's rules, btw.

1.) Respect and Courtesy - I'd say this is pretty obvious. Please do not insult each other, and let's have peaceful fan-obsession, please.

2.) No R-18 discussions.  This applies to all subforums except "Behind Closed Doors", also known as the mature discussion subforum. Refer to the rules there for details.

3.) Avoid Multiple Accounts. Unless you really need to, but I don't understand why you would.

4.) Avoid going off-topic, except in the Randomness/Nonsense sub forum. It is allowed to go off-topic there, but please try to make some sense.

5.) No Spam. Randomness is different from spam, so while spamming is somewhat allowed in the Randomness/Nonsense sub forum, too much spam is bad. This is a gray area, so use your judgment. Smiley
Edit by CVfan13: As Heeeeeero recommended, drama, speculation of drama and conflicts between those of other forums and such will be considered spam, and therefore not recommended.

Subject to change without notice.  Wink

Post in this thread any reactions to the rules, so we may change it if needed.
Report Spam   Logged

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make..."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

angevil
Newcomer

Angel of deadly kiss..or was it the deadly sword??

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 01:09:57 pm »

I suggest creating that subforum for R-18 discussions  Grin For the juicy stuff! I`d place it under "General Category".
Report Spam   Logged
CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 01:16:11 pm »

I suggest creating that subforum for R-18 discussions  Grin For the juicy stuff! I`d place it under "General Category".

Um... no? Nah, that's just... well... I think we should try to avoid most of that. Allow the site be appropriate for... at least people 14-16, which really, we could bend the rules a little bit...
Report Spam   Logged

"If you want to know, beat me!" -Joachim Armster

angevil
Newcomer

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:20:56 pm »

Hmm..I suggest a poll about our age then as well! Don`t think I am the "poll guy", lol, I have never made polls on forums before.
Report Spam   Logged
warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 01:26:48 pm »

I'll try to be fair here. Smiley We can't make it immediately. I need.. At least 3 votes from our members (Marto, Sorrow, CVfan13 and I don't count since we're the ones who are going to decide it in the end anyway >_> ) if we're going to open that subforum or not. I'll make a thread where people can cast their vote. I don't think Guests should be allowed to view it though, and they shouldn't by any means join up BECAUSE of it. >.<  It's unlikely, but it's possible. If ever, think I'll have to require regular members to have at least 3 posts in other subforums before they can view the "R18" section.

Hmm. Also, there's the problem of who's going to moderate it.
Report Spam   Logged

angevil
Newcomer

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 01:31:52 pm »

I'll try to be fair here. Smiley We can't make it immediately. I need.. At least 3 votes from our members (Marto, Sorrow, CVfan13 and I don't count since we're the ones who are going to decide it in the end anyway >_> ) if we're going to open that subforum or not. I'll make a thread where people can cast their vote. I don't think Guests should be allowed to view it though, and they shouldn't by any means join up BECAUSE of it. >.<  It's unlikely, but it's possible. If ever, think I'll have to require regular members to have at least 3 posts in other subforums before they can view the "R18" section.

Hmm. Also, there's the problem of who's going to moderate it.

I agree, don`t make it immeditely. We have just started and let`s start decently!

Guests shouldn`t be able to see anything. That is my opinion. Can we make it that way? I mean, that is the whole purpose of joining. To read and write stuff.
Report Spam   Logged
warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 01:35:23 pm »

I won't make the subforum right away. I already made the poll. Smiley

Guests can't write stuff, so I think we're good. They won't have a purpose for joining if they can't see what the forum is like in the first place.. We have nothing to hide right now, so I think it's fine. o_O
Report Spam   Logged

Heeeeeero
Newcomer

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 04:31:44 pm »

Forum drama and the discussion thereof should also be discouraged. This is a forum for celebrating an artist, not a hideout to speculate about drama between so-and-so or other forums' moderations.
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 04:33:19 pm »

Yeah. This should go into the rules. If you disobey, moderation will have to be inforced.
Report Spam   Logged

marto
The Ruling Seraph
Administrator
Fan

Kojima Fan Leader

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 07:29:01 pm »

Funny, I started writing rules last night in word which was eventually going to become to top stickied thread on top of this.

Smiley Mind if I do that?
Report Spam   Logged

And damn, after accidentally skipping Watsa's post, I thought for a moment that Warfreak had joined us here in Rainbow Valley. But no :'(
Mercurius
Geek

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 08:03:10 pm »

You are the boss! Smiley
I think it would be nice that before posting those rules, you show them to warfreak at least, and maybe Sorrow and CVfan13.
Report Spam   Logged

Atreicni aroh us, atreic se etreum al. Niatrecnu ruoh sti, niatrec si htaed.
Maria Renard fanlisting
Quote from: CVfan13
No, I mean, I know a hot guy when I see one, but I'm not like "OMG, f*ck me, Trevor!" You know what I mean?
CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 08:15:15 pm »

Well yeah, the three of us should see it. As well as marto.  Well, the four us should have a consensus.
Report Spam   Logged

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 08:44:30 pm »

Yep, true. The ones in this thread were just meant to be temporary until we get more official ones, anyway. Smiley Yeah, I think the forum drama should go into the official rules...
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 08:47:25 pm »

Yeah, you're right. I just tacked it onto spam, so not to make another rule, and I think we should specify that as spam in the official rules, which we'll develop later, apparently...
Report Spam   Logged

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 07:46:10 am »

The mature subforum is done. Addition to the rules: All mature and R-18 discussions (anything not suitable for children) should be done in "Behind Closed Doors". 3 posts on a different subforum are required to enter it.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum