Crimson Renaissance
March 28, 2024, 05:30:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CALLING ALL OLD CHAPELGOERS!

Since the Chapel is closed at the moment, we can hang around here!

Home Help Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Reincarnation

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Reincarnation  (Read 1372 times)
Mercurius
Geek

« on: July 18, 2008, 11:45:37 pm »

So, I think the word "prove" is overrated Grin. Really.

It seems like there are two extreme points of view: the one of those who stress the importance of a poof of validity of "something" to believe in it, and the one of those who think that if no one has proved that this "something" is right or wrong then it's not possible or important, and they just think this way and believe in it.

What are we capable of prove or disprove?
I believe this is a very interesting and important question to keep in mind when dealing with all the drama around the proof requesting manias, and other surrounding topics.
Also:
Why and when we need to prove something?

You know, reincarnation is a word that has its meaning, but its semantical meaning depends in some extent of the social consensus about it. The real meaning of every word depends in ultimate term of the person who is thinking in it. So, if it has a clear meaning for you, a meaning that reflects your reality, then it isn't even necessary to want to prove it. But, if you want to talk about the obscure, bizarre and disfigured meaning that some people think it means in connection with the global reality, and defend based in their short and immature opinions about it, you will have an extremely hard time, starting with the fact that there will not be almost no understanding like when you speak Russian and try to communicate with one talking Italian (a LOT harder than that). That's how a petrified and immature opinion shrinks the mind and impairs communication.

blah blah blah.........
Report Spam   Logged

Atreicni aroh us, atreic se etreum al. Niatrecnu ruoh sti, niatrec si htaed.
Maria Renard fanlisting
Quote from: CVfan13
No, I mean, I know a hot guy when I see one, but I'm not like "OMG, f*ck me, Trevor!" You know what I mean?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum