Crimson Renaissance
April 18, 2024, 02:20:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CALLING ALL OLD CHAPELGOERS!

Since the Chapel is closed at the moment, we can hang around here!

Home Help Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Your favorite Kojima pieces

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Your favorite Kojima pieces  (Read 1342 times)
warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« on: July 06, 2008, 01:52:20 am »

There are plenty of beautiful art pieces made by (godly) Ayami Kojima. We are acquainted to many of which through Castlevania. So which Ayami Kojima piece is your most favorite? Or even a list of your favorites, I know it's hard to choose. Smiley Mine is.. *argh* I can't choose, I like them all.
Well some of the ones I like are: my sig/current forum banner, AoS cover, Alucard in the European version of SotN. Also this:

and this.
Report Spam   Logged

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make..."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

angevil
Newcomer

Angel of deadly kiss..or was it the deadly sword??

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 02:55:48 am »

Hard to choose, but here are my favorites:

First of all, the two pieces I have framed and on the wall:

Soma here looks so dark, mysterious, wild and attractive! I just love the colors that Ayami used. The full moon beside him is awesome; all the blood on his robe and the huge shiny weapon he holds is so epic. And his threatening, deep eyes and chaotic wild hair.. Wink
The DXC poster is so rich, with beautiful details; I love the bats, white doves, the gothic castle in the background, statues, candles, flowers..And it the middle there is Richter, all handsome and powerful, with his big strong arms holding a cross and a long black whip. Maria is next to him, looking all gentle and heavenly. And of course, Dracula is also there - I love his look here, he just screams pure evil; and his hand is amazing!

I really love this one as well and I use a Soma closeup from it as my PSP wallpaper:

Soma looks really amazing on this one, and the colors again are so well used. He is all white which brings him out very much, and then there are the orange/red (or yellow, depending which version you look-the poster was mainly with yellowish sky) colors of the sky and the dark castle with bats flying all around. The look on Soma`s face is fantastic! So sexy and inviting. Graham and Alucard are also drawn very well here.

That is it for now, I still love many other Ayami`s pieces, but if I continue I will never end  Grin

OK, here is another one - Maxim, I really love how she made him look, handsome, beautiful face, deep blue eyes, manly eyebrows and gentle lips.
Report Spam   Logged
True Sorrow
Global Moderator
Geek

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 08:33:50 am »

I'm going to admit two things right now....

First off, while it is really good, I still can't say the SotN art is my favourite. It has a lot of good moments, and the characters are really revolutionary, but most of the other Kojima CV games have much better art, imo. Which one is the best, however, isn't quite something I can decide...But I must say that a lot of the AoS art really captures a certain ethereal mood, often reinforced with the mysterious characters and rich details. The others are also really good, in particular this one. It also captures this otherworldly essence, and it really just...captures me.

The second thing that I must admit is that most of my favourite Kojima pieces are those done outside of CV. The Majin series covers (see here, here and here) are really good, and the Ranken covers (here and here) are just marvelous! *looks at avy* And just a whole bunch of other stuff that really captures me.

But yeah, that's it for now, probably add some favourites later...
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 08:53:08 am »

I've always liked this one, it just captures the mood of "Castlevania: Nocturne in the Moonlight". Maria looks kinda... well, I can think of a lot of things, but I'll refrain and just say "wierd".

I just love the blood, and a bit of  gore, in this one. It seems very tragic, like I can almost feel this person's story, his suffering. I've always thought he was appealing to some sort of god, as he seems somewhat like an angel, but for some reason he's ripped out his heart. I also imagine he might have taken his heart out in hopes to give it to a woman he's in love with... but these are just speculations, and because this image arouses such thought, I love it.

EDIT:
True Sorrow, the links you posted don't seem to work, CV Armster/Vampire Killer doesn't seem to allow hotlinking. Maybe if you saved the pictures then upload to photobucket? That's what I had to do.
Report Spam   Logged

"If you want to know, beat me!" -Joachim Armster

Heeeeeero
Newcomer

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 09:06:53 am »

I like this one because  (insert fruity langauge.)
Report Spam   Logged

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 09:33:59 am »

Yes, all those pieces you showed are BEAUTIFUL. I especially like the one CVfan13 posted with the heart. Smiley Actually that piece with NitM isn't one of my favorites because of Maria's face. o_O I don't think there are any pieces I don't like, though. All of them are wonderful. For some reason, though, I can't find super high-quality SotN images, none are as good quality as, say, Harmony of Dissonance or Aria of Sorrow images. I wonder if the colors are really like that? Slightly faded, perhaps?

I fell in love with Castlevania because of Symphony of the Night, but the art sealed the deal. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

deuueaugh
Super Obsessant

OH GOD OLD ME

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 09:53:12 am »

I have no words for these.
Report Spam   Logged

True Sorrow
Global Moderator
Geek

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 10:22:03 am »

Ah! I'm fixing my previous post as we speak! (Photobucket is slow, you can expect it to be fixed within the next hour-or-so...) And I also fixed my sig, it wasn't as big as I had set it to be...
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 12:15:42 pm »

Yes, all those pieces you showed are BEAUTIFUL. I especially like the one CVfan13 posted with the heart. Smiley Actually that piece with NitM isn't one of my favorites because of Maria's face.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Everyone else, particularly Richter, looks pretty cool. The European/Japanese cover of the PSX version is another one I really like.
Report Spam   Logged

True Sorrow
Global Moderator
Geek

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 12:22:16 pm »

Btw, my post's links are fixed now Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 12:28:43 pm »

I saw them, TS. All great pics, I especially like the one from HoD.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 12:44:52 pm »

I love that one from HoD too. [Aww man. I love all of them] I don't know, but I think I partially thought Juste had feelings for Lydie because of that piece. I can't imagine them NOT ending up together. >_>

The one with Leon seemingly praying is really good though, I may like it even more than the one from HoD. It just really fits in with his character so much. *sigh* Poor Leon...
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 01:14:11 pm »

I also like the one of Leon. I have the reproduction from the LoI Limited Edition Box Set from Japan in a frame in my room, just below the shelf which holds my CV NECA figures.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 01:17:17 pm »

Prove it. ... Kidding, but I do want to see a picture of it. Smiley

You have the NECA figures? I also want to see a picture of the coveted things. And throw daggers of envy at you wishing I had them. XD
Report Spam   Logged

angevil
Newcomer

Angel of deadly kiss..or was it the deadly sword??

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 01:19:28 pm »

I also like the one of Leon. I have the reproduction from the LoI Limited Edition Box Set from Japan in a frame in my room, just below the shelf which holds my CV NECA figures.  Grin

I`d also like to see it, please post some pics!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum