Crimson Renaissance
April 19, 2024, 04:14:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CALLING ALL OLD CHAPELGOERS!

Since the Chapel is closed at the moment, we can hang around here!

Home Help Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Food Thread

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Food Thread  (Read 1136 times)
warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 06:38:11 pm »

Oh, I see, that makes sense... lord knows how or why the Spanish discovered such a remote archipelago from their primary area of colonization, but that's a different story.  Wink

So, did you learn both languages from a very young age?

Mercurius... NO!!! *calls on a squad of search-and-rescue special ops and recruits the Swiss navy (even though they're both landlocked and neutral  Tongue) to find him*
Actually, according the the history books, they were looking for Indonesia/"Spice Island" around the year 15something and found our country by mistake instead. Tongue They had "God, Gold, Glory" as their goals supposedly. LOL. I still remember gradeschool history yayz.

The first language I learned was Filipino, but I learned English from all the way back in preschool, and I'm still required to study the finer points now. ..I forgot to mention English is mandatory in all schools, and almost all elementary subjects except Filipino(duh) and History are generally taught in English, or a mixture of English and Filipino. >_> (I know Nightwing from the Not-church is Filipino too, and as you can see he's very fluent as well. 8D )

MERCURIUS AAAGGHHH!!! .. o_O Grin

Also, according to this:
http://ask.yahoo.com/19991108.html
According to the site's caffeine index, coffee has the most caffeine with 47-164 milligrams per 5 ounce serving. The caffeine content depends on how the coffee is brewed -- fresh drip has the highest level, instant has the lowest. Second place is a little more difficult to determine. A single serving of black tea (5 oz.) can have anywhere from 25 to 110 milligrams of caffeine, while a single serving of Coca-Cola (12 oz.) measures in with 46 milligrams. However, when you break it down to caffeine per ounce, tea handily beats Coke.
So I guess it's possible for Black tea to have more caffeine than say, a cup of instant coffee.
Report Spam   Logged

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make..."

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum