Crimson Renaissance
March 28, 2024, 12:50:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CALLING ALL OLD CHAPELGOERS!

Since the Chapel is closed at the moment, we can hang around here!

Home Help Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Food Thread

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Food Thread  (Read 1118 times)
warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 06:47:22 pm »

Oh okay then. Grin *innocently hides daggers of envy behind back*

Queso/keso (what we call it)! Cheese!
Report Spam   Logged

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make..."
CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 06:49:09 pm »

I just love the Spanish language... so funky and festive... I mean they call what we call "butter" "mantequilla". I mean, that is ten times more fun than butter!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

"If you want to know, beat me!" -Joachim Armster

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 06:50:06 pm »

Yeah, and WE call it "mantekilya" Hahaha! ...No, seriously. o_O

Spanish-influenced country ftw! Or not.
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 06:53:23 pm »

Really? I always thought the Philippines were more Asian-influenced, being so close to that region, and the people look much more Asian that Hispanic... hey, this just occurred to me: I'm guessing you don't speak English in your daily life, and yet, you type it so perfectly here, just like a native speaker! What language do you actually speak? And, just to keep this on-topic, what exotic foods do you eat there?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 08:44:37 pm »

Well, we ARE Asian.. But wait, here's a little history..
Spain colonized our country from around the 1600's to almost the 1900's. Tongue That added a LOT of Spanish influence. We were also under the American government for a few decades (I think up until past WWII, I forget Tongue ) after the Spanish colonization, I believe, which is where we got the American influence. XD I'm actually bilingual, as I speak both Filipino and English. That's pretty common here because of said more recent American influence. Wink

As for food, there are a quite few exotic ones, but I live in the city so the only one I ever get to try is Balut. Look it up in Wikipedia. Wink It actually tastes quite good, despite looking horrible.
Report Spam   Logged

Mercurius
Geek

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 11:20:45 pm »

I don't like coffee. It tastes too bitter. And apparently the thing does wonders in terms of inflicting damage to your nerve system.

I like tea, though. It's not a very tasty drink, but it's very nice and soothing. Really, drinking tea is one of the most relaxing activities out there. I like black tea the most, btw. English breakfast ftw.

Doesn't a cup of black tea have a greater amount of caffeine than a cup of coffee ?
*goes to verify it, but fails to return Tongue*
Report Spam   Logged

Atreicni aroh us, atreic se etreum al. Niatrecnu ruoh sti, niatrec si htaed.
Maria Renard fanlisting
Quote from: CVfan13
No, I mean, I know a hot guy when I see one, but I'm not like "OMG, f*ck me, Trevor!" You know what I mean?
CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 01:27:46 pm »

Oh, I see, that makes sense... lord knows how or why the Spanish discovered such a remote archipelago from their primary area of colonization, but that's a different story.  Wink

So, did you learn both languages from a very young age?

Mercurius... NO!!! *calls on a squad of search-and-rescue special ops and recruits the Swiss navy (even though they're both landlocked and neutral  Tongue) to find him*
Report Spam   Logged

True Sorrow
Global Moderator
Geek

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 01:55:50 pm »

I don't like coffee. It tastes too bitter. And apparently the thing does wonders in terms of inflicting damage to your nerve system.

I like tea, though. It's not a very tasty drink, but it's very nice and soothing. Really, drinking tea is one of the most relaxing activities out there. I like black tea the most, btw. English breakfast ftw.

Doesn't a cup of black tea have a greater amount of caffeine than a cup of coffee ?
*goes to verify it, but fails to return Tongue*

Uhhh...no it doesn't...Tea has a bit of caffeine, but not nearly as much as just about any type of coffee out there.
Report Spam   Logged

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 06:38:11 pm »

Oh, I see, that makes sense... lord knows how or why the Spanish discovered such a remote archipelago from their primary area of colonization, but that's a different story.  Wink

So, did you learn both languages from a very young age?

Mercurius... NO!!! *calls on a squad of search-and-rescue special ops and recruits the Swiss navy (even though they're both landlocked and neutral  Tongue) to find him*
Actually, according the the history books, they were looking for Indonesia/"Spice Island" around the year 15something and found our country by mistake instead. Tongue They had "God, Gold, Glory" as their goals supposedly. LOL. I still remember gradeschool history yayz.

The first language I learned was Filipino, but I learned English from all the way back in preschool, and I'm still required to study the finer points now. ..I forgot to mention English is mandatory in all schools, and almost all elementary subjects except Filipino(duh) and History are generally taught in English, or a mixture of English and Filipino. >_> (I know Nightwing from the Not-church is Filipino too, and as you can see he's very fluent as well. 8D )

MERCURIUS AAAGGHHH!!! .. o_O Grin

Also, according to this:
http://ask.yahoo.com/19991108.html
According to the site's caffeine index, coffee has the most caffeine with 47-164 milligrams per 5 ounce serving. The caffeine content depends on how the coffee is brewed -- fresh drip has the highest level, instant has the lowest. Second place is a little more difficult to determine. A single serving of black tea (5 oz.) can have anywhere from 25 to 110 milligrams of caffeine, while a single serving of Coca-Cola (12 oz.) measures in with 46 milligrams. However, when you break it down to caffeine per ounce, tea handily beats Coke.
So I guess it's possible for Black tea to have more caffeine than say, a cup of instant coffee.
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 07:45:25 pm »

Well, once again, we find ourselves off topic...

QUESO!!!
Report Spam   Logged

True Sorrow
Global Moderator
Geek

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 03:37:43 pm »

Also, according to this:
According to the site's caffeine index, coffee has the most caffeine with 47-164 milligrams per 5 ounce serving. The caffeine content depends on how the coffee is brewed -- fresh drip has the highest level, instant has the lowest. Second place is a little more difficult to determine. A single serving of black tea (5 oz.) can have anywhere from 25 to 110 milligrams of caffeine, while a single serving of Coca-Cola (12 oz.) measures in with 46 milligrams. However, when you break it down to caffeine per ounce, tea handily beats Coke.
So I guess it's possible for Black tea to have more caffeine than say, a cup of instant coffee.

wat

Damnit! Foiled again...But still, it's nowhere NEAR as unhealthy as coffee. Hell, scientists even claim coffee would be banned if it were invented today! Compare that to the fact that tea's actually said to be good for your health, helps avoid heart cancer or something.

Hah! I win!
Report Spam   Logged

Mercurius
Geek

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 01:20:14 am »

Also, according to this:

wat

Damnit! Foiled again...But still, it's nowhere NEAR as unhealthy as coffee. Hell, scientists even claim coffee would be banned if it were invented today! Compare that to the fact that tea's actually said to be good for your health, helps avoid heart cancer or something.

Hah! I win!

You are a winner, sir.

LOL! Swiss navy. Grin

I'm stating my correction of "reminded"

QUESO!

I like "nutella" (TM), very much!

I like green and black tea. I don't like cinnamon tea too much. Vanilla tea is nice, one of my favorites. Mint tea is great, but I think I like green tea a lot better.
Report Spam   Logged

Atreicni aroh us, atreic se etreum al. Niatrecnu ruoh sti, niatrec si htaed.
Maria Renard fanlisting
Quote from: CVfan13
No, I mean, I know a hot guy when I see one, but I'm not like "OMG, f*ck me, Trevor!" You know what I mean?
warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 08:14:07 am »

Hmm. Here again is my question. Western tea or Eastern (Asian) tea? Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 09:12:57 am »

Asian, easily. *British Accent Status - ON AND FUNCTIONAL* But, I do love good classic British Tea as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum