Crimson Renaissance
March 28, 2024, 10:58:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: CALLING ALL OLD CHAPELGOERS!

Since the Chapel is closed at the moment, we can hang around here!

Home Help Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Human Interaction

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Human Interaction  (Read 477 times)
warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« on: December 08, 2010, 06:04:58 pm »

I must share something... IRL, I have difficulty interacting with people who are older or younger (by more than 3 or 4 years) than me. Actually, it's more of I don't WANT to interact with them. Has this ever happened to you? Young children annoy me unless they're really mature, and I just can't relate to older people (especially those older than me by more than 40 years) at all. The problem is I often come off as rude (to my mom's older friends) because I try to stay out of sight as much as possible, even if I'm in plain view. >_>

Experiences? Advice? My desire to not seem rude is heavily conflicting with my desire to stay away from them. I'm turning 20 early next year, and I feel really immature because of this. >_< I should grow up.
Report Spam   Logged

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make..."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Valtane
Newcomer

Ha ha ha ha ha

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 06:13:54 pm »

I'm five years older than you. Do you problems relating to me?
Report Spam   Logged
warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 06:16:05 pm »

I DID say IRL, you know.  Wink It's different when I actually have to personally interact with people face to face.. >_<
Report Spam   Logged

Valtane
Newcomer

Ha ha ha ha ha

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 07:12:18 pm »

Yeah, face to face is always harder. I'm a totally different person in reality. I'm very reserved.
Report Spam   Logged
warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 09:46:21 pm »

*sigh* I just wish interaction with people wasn't REQUIRED in a sense that I would be seen as a b*tch if I didn't interact... I should probably learn to mutter polite excuses or something...

EDIT: Yes, I know it's not gonna happen since human society is just like that. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Mercurius
Geek

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 09:59:20 am »

I may be some kind of opposite to Warfreak, because I use to talk almost to everybody. I found it's more less likely for me to talk to people with ages around 18 years, but there's no problem with younger or older people Tongue

EDIT: Even if most people think I'm very quiet and shy
Report Spam   Logged

Atreicni aroh us, atreic se etreum al. Niatrecnu ruoh sti, niatrec si htaed.
Maria Renard fanlisting
Quote from: CVfan13
No, I mean, I know a hot guy when I see one, but I'm not like "OMG, f*ck me, Trevor!" You know what I mean?
CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 07:27:45 pm »

I know what it's like, Warfreak. Just a few years ago, I used to have terrible social skills. Scared to death of social events, awkward around many different types of people, unsure about meeting new people. It's a terrible feeling, but somehow I got over it. Not sure why or how, but I did and I feel much better now.

I think you need practice, but a serious confidence boost is in order. Get yourself involved in something fun, or pick up a new interest. Experience leads to confidence. For me, it was music. And then came parties, where music is played. I learned to just let go and dance, and for some reason I feel that's made me much more sociable. Just being fun and silly is great, and I think we'd all benefit from a little fun and goofiness here and there. My point is, just be who you are, hide nothing and show everyone what you have to offer. Don't do anything that doesn't come naturally, but force yourself to try things.

....sorry, I may have gone way off topic there, because I'm listening to Kylie Minogue's "Better Than Today" which is surprisingly fitting....

Um.... hope I could help? Ask if you need any clarification. o_0
Report Spam   Logged

"If you want to know, beat me!" -Joachim Armster

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 08:36:58 pm »

Wow Mercurius, I wish I could talk to anyone! Small talk with a person I sit next to in line is pretty much out of the question unless the other person initiates a conversation first, and even then I tend to end the conversation really awkwardly.

Hmm. The thing is, I really don't have much of a problem socializing with people my age, such as in parties and such... I have pretty good social skills with people I can relate to, methinks... This probably stems from the fact that I am an only child with little interaction with my grandparents, as well as the fact that I don't have/ have little interaction with my younger cousins. I never really socialized with people other than those with a similar age as me, that's why I never learned.

You're right, CVfan, I guess I should learn by pursuing something new...
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 02:54:37 pm »

Err... in that case, I'm not sure if I can really help you. In my experience, I was usually alright with older or younger people, but people my age were awkward. Then I guess I found the right people.  Maybe that's what you need, to find the type of people you can relate to. For me, having a silly playful nature made little kids easier, and my maturity made older people easier. You're so mature, Warfreak, I'm surprised you can't relate to older people. Kids should be easy since you were a kid once. I think you're in a much easier position than if you were mine though, because your peers can be the scariest people.
Report Spam   Logged

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 07:17:34 pm »

I guess it's also a cultural thing, yanno? My peers here are usually "normal" people... I'm basing this on what I see in American movies, but the people here are extremely watered down "popular" people, "geeky" people, etc. Also, from my experience, the smarter you are at academics (as long as you don't look or act geeky/nerdy), the more popular you are.

In my case, I used to be "smart", so I was "popular", but I was also kind of bullied since I was rather small and nerdy. Tongue It's hard to explain. Bullying here is just teasing a lot and stuff, though. No physical contact at all, at least not for girls. I heard it was different with boys. I was in an all-girls school up until the end of highschool, so I wouldn't really know. From what I heard, it was usually boy-on-boy physical bullying, though.

I don't know about maturity, though. I think I'm nowhere near as mature as some of the people my age. This could also be a cultural thing? I dunno. I just think that the older people my mom hangs around with at church (Catholic) look really unapproachable. I don't usually have a problem with kindly old ladies, but these old ladies look kind of...scary to me. As for little kids, I barely remember being one. LOL. I just breezed through that portion of my life, I guess.. By the time I was in high school (highschool being 12-16 years old) I completely put my gradeschool life behind. Maybe that's why I can't really relate to kids...
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 08:03:56 pm »

So, um... basically the Philippines is like magical happy backwards land? o.0

Of course those women are frightening, they're Catholic. -.- If you said "Hello!" to one, she'd probably respond by whacking you with a ruler and shouting something like "Preposterous child, the Lord with deal with those who address their elders with such a modest display of disrespect.

*giggle* That was fun!
Report Spam   Logged

deuueaugh
Super Obsessant

OH GOD OLD ME

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 12:42:53 am »

i can't even talk to anyone normally on the internet other than my friend. i've spent too much time alone and lurking/posting at a terrible message board.
Report Spam   Logged

CVfan13
Global Moderator
Super Obsessant

Castlevania Addict

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 01:14:55 pm »

Hmm, that's pretty rough. You used to be pretty good at that. I guess seclusion can really do that to a person.
Report Spam   Logged

warfreak
Administrator
Super Obsessant

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 11:21:13 pm »

So, um... basically the Philippines is like magical happy backwards land? o.0

Of course those women are frightening, they're Catholic. -.- If you said "Hello!" to one, she'd probably respond by whacking you with a ruler and shouting something like "Preposterous child, the Lord with deal with those who address their elders with such a modest display of disrespect.

*giggle* That was fun!
Backwards, maybe. Magical or happy, not so much. Tongue

LOL @ your image of old Catholic woman. XD

i can't even talk to anyone normally on the internet other than my friend. i've spent too much time alone and lurking/posting at a terrible message board.
I'm sure you'll get over that phase. o.o
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum